Ethos, Values & Expectations
We believe that education is the wise, hopeful and respectful cultivation of learning and change undertaken in the belief that we should all have the chance to share in life.
Our core purpose is to cultivate wisdom, character and strength in students, so they can understand, celebrate and shape the world in which they live.
RMGS is a school with values founded on character education
- Curiosity - to celebrate scholarship
- Happiness -to strive for a positivity
- Aspiration - To have high expectations of themselves and others
- Respect - for our whole school community
- Community - to create a strong feeling of belonging
- Teamwork - to work collaboratively
- Equality - to promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity
- Resilience - to bounce forward when things are challenging
In return, every pupil is expected to be polite and thoughtful and to:
- take pride in their appearance, their attendance and their punctuality
- respect their teachers
- show determination by always working to the best of their ability in both class work and homework and by completing any missing work
- demonstrate co-operation by working with others to make their school environment and their local area clean, healthy and safe
- serve others by engaging with charity week and outreach activities
- be active and take part in school events
Moral and intellectual character development is essential for the emotional well-being of our students, so they can live enriched and happy lives both in school and life beyond school.
We encourage our students to be the best version of yourself.