Do I need qualifications to join the Sixth Form at RMGS?
We will offer you a place if you seem likely to be able to cope with the A Level courses. These courses are challenging and we think that a certain achievement at GCSE is the best guide to your future success at A Level.
You will need to meet the following criteria to join our Sixth Form:
Admission Arrangements for Year 12
Entry Number of additional Year 12 places available for students being admitted to the school for the first time: 40.
Entry requirements to the 6th Form
The school’s 6th Form admission criteria for September 2021 are:
- Examination results at GCSE which confirm an adequate base level: at least 8 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English Language and Mathematics and a grade 5 or above in either Mathematics or English (Language or Literature) and a total point score of 46, based on the applicant’s best 8 subject exam board grades/CAGs;
- Subject choice: most subjects have entry requirements; for most subjects, students will be expected to have achieved at least grade 6 in those subjects at GCSE from exam board grades or CAGs. Please consult the 6th form prospectus for detailed subject entry criteria;
- Existing RMGS students who meet our entry requirements at the end of Year 11 are guaranteed a place.
Subject specific entry requirements
- Individual subjects have additional entry requirements. Please click here to view them.
The oversubscription criteria for Year 12 entry is as follows:
- Children in Public Care, as defined in the Medway Coordinated Admissions Scheme to include children who are adopted and were previously looked after.
- In the event of two or more students having equal ranking the deciding factor will be the shortest available safe walking distance between the home address and RMGS as measured by the Medway Council Geographical Information System and determined by Medway Local Authority.
Offers of a Sixth Form place will be conditional upon GCSE results and borderline cases would be considered using the admissions criteria above.