Personal, Social health Education (PSHE)
Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and education is a key part of both our core and enrichment curriculum at Rainham Mark Grammar School. We take every opportunity for our students to be reflective about their beliefs and that of others. We want our students to develop a moral purpose, to use and develop a range of social skills and understand and respect a full range of cultural influences.
Some of the ways we promote our students personal and social development include:
- Having a diverse and constantly developing enrichment offer to provide students with careers information, volunteering opportunities and additional co-curricular education inside and outside the classroom.
- We work closely with external professionals and our internal careers programme to assist students to make informed choices fort their next steps. Our partnerships span the breadth of financial institutions, sector leading business and dedicated organisations within the local area, each with a view towards providing students with the greatest chance of attaining their desired career.
- As part of our enrichment programme, we offer a range of life skills such as financial literacy and budget planning, while students are also encouraged to express themselves creatively through art, music and drama.
- Our PSHE curriculum is broad and age appropriate and includes a wide range of subjects such as the relationships, sex and health education, drug education, mental health education, online safety, county line alongside anti-bullying.
- We adopt a cross-curricular approach to teaching the importance of physical activity and diet for a healthy lifestyle, which we include in PE, Science and PSHE.
- Offering a wide range of school trips to develop student's understanding of the local, national and global world they live in.
- Offering opportunities for student leadership including student parliament, prefects and Head student team.
- We provide a consistent focus and understanding of our school values, and we use these values to nurture and inspire our students.