Post 18 events
Term 6 2020
This week, the 6th form team would have been delivering a range of workshops and activities for post 18 pathways. This would have involved guest speakers and presentations from a range of careers and universities.
It is a great shame that this cannot go on this year. It tends to be a highlight of the year 12 calendar as you get to interact with a range of outside speakers from a variety of jobs.
We do, however, want to keep you as informed as possible in this current climate.
As such, we have recorded a range of Youtube clips for you:
- Mr Williams discusses medicine, dentistry and veterinary pathways here: https://youtu.be/sxMAkqXCCDc
- Mr Twizell discusses apprenticeship pathways here: https://youtu.be/3aKFNNgizTw
- Mr O’Neill discusses Oxbridge pathways here: https://youtu.be/2myFtdkfb7U
- Mr O’Neill explains how to write an effective personal statement across 3 sessions here: https://youtu.be/BEJBt8k5UrE / https://youtu.be/QVoIhVV4_Wc / https://youtu.be/s5B0im7L7tQ
- Futurelearn/University of York have provided a fantastic short course on how to begin your pathway to university here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/next-steps-to-university-from-choosing-a-course-to-your-first-assessment. Please complete this course short course if you have any interest in the university route.
- All resources and reading material for post 18 resources can be found here on Moodle under the heading ‘Post 18 Applications: https://moodle.rainhammark.com/course/view.php?id=534
More information will follow as to how we aim to support you further with this.
The Sixth Form Team