Mental Health and Wellbeing
Mental Health and the Coronavirus
An article of managing mental health can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799)
Obviously, things feel somewhat unsettled at the moment and we know that young people with anxiety issues are going to be challenged more than usual. You might find the following links helpful.
The next two are from the Anna Freud Schools in Mind site:
* Services Directory showing support in your area: https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/youth-wellbeing/ (https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/youth-wellbeing/) for young people who are struggling.
* Self-care directory (scroll down the page until you reach the picture squares) https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/self-care/ (https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/self-care/) detailing lots of activities that help you keep mentally well.
This has some really good resources for students if they are suffering from anxiety, mental health or well-being issues. Some have been made free during Covid 19. There are over 20 apps for a variety of things.https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk (https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk
Of course, school is always happy to help children talk about their mental health and signpost to professionals when necessary.
Supporting Our Young People’s Wellbeing
Jo Mitchell-Hill’s wellbeing videos for parents/carers are below ( the series will be complete by October Half Term 2020)
1. Transition to Secondary school https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IOzAq8aeTo&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IOzAq8aeTo&feature=youtu.be)
2. Dealing with Anxiety and Change
3. Teenage Emotions
4. Communicating with Teenagers
5. Staying Calm
Jo Mitchell-Hill is also going to provide a confidential and personalised advice service for parents to discuss any of the issues raised in the videos. If you have a question, please contact Jo this term at email@example.com and she will endeavour to advise.
Also, below is a list of resources that students will be told about that you may find useful as parents/carers:
https://www.kooth.com/ (https://www.kooth.com/) mental health support
https://riseabove.org.uk/ (https://riseabove.org.uk/) mental health support
https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/ (https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/) mental health, resilience and self-care
http://holdingonlettinggo.org.uk/ (http://holdingonlettinggo.org.uk/) bereavement experts for young people