Headteacher from September 2021
“An Outstanding School” Ofsted 2014
The Governing Body and RMET Trustees are pleased to invite applications for the post of Headteacher at Rainham Mark Grammar School, following the retirement of the current post holder. Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Headteacher with the vision and energy to continue to build on our achievements, working with the staff, Governing Body and Trust to develop a robust strategy for continued improvement.
Rainham Mark Grammar School is a very popular and highly successful co-educational selective school with a large Sixth Form in the heart of Kent.
- Have a clear vision which focuses on raising achievement and standards through a wide variety of teaching and learning experiences.
- Significant experience as a senior leader in a secondary school, with a proven track record of effective leadership and management.
- Work with the Governing Body and Trust to lead the overall strategic leadership and management of the school, and its pursuit of excellence in relation to the educational standards enjoyed by all our students.
- Ensure the highest quality of curriculum and pastoral provision for all year groups and ability levels, working to support the Trust’s vision, mission and values.
- Develop and implement strategies to raise standards of attainment and progress across the whole school.
- Work to identify the best practice available and use this to create an outward looking culture which promotes an ethos of achievement and a desire for excellence.
- Have experience of whole school data analysis, reporting and target setting.
- Be passionate about high expectations and high standards of achievement for all.
- Be passionate about teaching and learning.
- Be an effective team player and maintain high staff morale during the current pandemic.